Tacoma Community College Announcement.
- What: Exhibition of birds and bees
- Or: The Tacoma Community College Gallery
- When: April 11 – May 6, 2022
- Home: April 28, 4-7 p.m.
- Gallery talk: April 26, noon
- Gallery opening hours: The gallery is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on college opening days. Visitors are no longer required to register.
- Car park: Visitor parking is available in Lot G.
The “Birds and Bees” exhibition is a showcase of art based on nature-inspired designs, created by TCC art teacher Marit Berg.
“My fascination with patterns made me want to become a pattern maker myself. In this exhibition, I have created works based on motifs I see in groups of birds and bees,” Berg wrote in his introduction to the exhibition.
Berg is a painter and printmaker, and she used both media to create the pieces featured in the “Birds and Bees” exhibition.
“Works in this exhibition that use printmaking techniques are the bee prints, wild beehives, origami crane pieces, and the whisper installation,” Berg wrote. “The paintings in this exhibition, Rain, steam and speed (after Turner); The Death of the Passenger Pigeonand Whisper like twilightare created with a brush by hand.
One of the rooms, Whisper Installation IIis a temporary installation, and Berg engages TCC art students in the process of creating the installation.
The exhibition is funded in part by the Tacoma Artists Initiative Program (TAIP) grant 2021-22.